Finish blocking off the arm
In the previous lessons covering the arm on this sculpture the goal was to get a basic shape for the right arm. Now it is time to start refining the shapes so that we can begin working on the details for the arm.
A lesson or two back I made a comment that the arm was going to look like a mess for awhile. This is the lesson where the arm starts really looking like a muscular arm.
* This sculpture is created with Super Sculpey.
- Just as before I draw in lines to represent the individual muscles of the arm.
- I start adding a little clay here and there to bulk up the individual muscles. The key is to make the upper arm flow naturally into the upper forearm. I heavily rely on images off arms in this position during this stage of the sculpting process.
- I know the shape looks a little strange right now but in a couple more pictures it will all makes sense. See how I blend the muscles from the upper to the lower arm?
- Still bulking out the sides, front and back of my arm. Right now I am only focusing on the upper arm and upper portion of the forearm.
- Very rough image but the progression is really coming along now. All I have to do now is smooth and round out the muscles in the arm.
Picture tutorial below
Next lesson – Adding veins to the arm